Enderby and District Memorial Hospital Auxiliary

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

Enderby and District Memorial Hospital Auxiliary

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

The Enderby Hospital Auxiliary was formed in 1910 to aid the small cottage hospital in Enderby with its linens and food. It disbanded in 1916 when a public hospital run by a male board of directors was built, but was revived at their request in 1920. The name was changed to the Enderby and District Memorial Hospital Auxiliary after the second hospital was built in 1952. The hospital auxiliary became a member of the provincial organization, now called the British Columbia Association of Hospital Auxiliaries, when it was formed in the 1940s. The objectives of the auxiliary were to add to the comfort and welfare of hospital patients and to raise funds for items need by the Enderby and District Memorial Hospital. The hospital auxiliary became a registered charity in 1981 and formally disbanded in December 1993 when members found it difficult to attract new and younger volunteers and when provincial hospital boards became reorganized under a new structure.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places