Fonds - Castlegar-Kinnaird United Church fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Castlegar-Kinnaird United Church fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA UCCBC

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1930-1996 (Creation)
    Creator
    Castlegar-Kinnaird United Church

Physical description area

Physical description

52.5 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

Methodist activity in Castlegar dates back to 1922. After 1925, Castlegar was a point associated with various United Church pastoral charges (Procter, Fruitvale) before it became a separate charge in 1939. As a congregation, Castlegar United Church existed until 1969 when it amalgamated with Kinnaird United Church to form the current Castlegar-Kinnaird United Church. As a pastoral charge, Castlegar Pastoral Charge included Robson United Church and Kinnaird United Church. The latter was a separate charge from 1964 to 1969. Concurrent with the amalgamation of Castlegar and Kinnaird congregations in 1969 was the formation of the Regional Ecumenical Parish -- an arrangement in which the new Castlegar-Kinnaird (and Robson United Church which continued as a part of the new arrangement) shared ministry and facilities with St. David's Anglican Church in Castlegar. This arrangement ceased around 1979 and a new Castlegar-Kinnaird building was subsequently built. The pastoral charge has been a part of Kootenay Presbytery since its beginning.

Name of creator

Biographical history

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists predominantly of records of Castlegar United Church and Castlegar Pastoral Charge. Records consist of Baptism registers (1939-1970), Marriage registers (civil) (1946-1984) and a Burial register (1948-1970); Communion roll (1946-1967); Joint Official Board minutes (1953-1978), Session minutes (1970-1986), Stewards minutes (1938-1968), Official Board minutes (1947-1990), Congregational Meetings minutes (1941-1969), Christian Education Committee minutes (1960-1967) and Trustees minutes (1969-1970); Woman's Association minutes (1940-1962), Woman's Association A.O.T.S. Men's Group Supper records (1955-1960) and United Church Women Executive minutes (1965-1969); Sunday School minutes (1950-1960); Young Adults Society minutes (1948); Historical correspondence and reports (1930-1979); and Annual reports (1966-1996).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alpha-numeric designations

BCAUL control number: UCCBC-130

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related places

Related genres