In 1944, the Radio Committee was established by Conference to oversee the United Church’s radio ministry in B.C. In 1956, this committee expanded to include other media and its name was changed to the Information and Stewardship Committee. By 1963, the stewardship and education functions of the Committee had been transferred to the Missionary and Maintenance and Christian Education Committees, and its name was changed to the Communications Committee. Shortly thereafter, with the introduction of the new divisional structure of Conference, it became the new Division of Communication. The Division was made up of the two groups of committees: Educational Resources and Promotion, comprising AVEL, B.C. Image, Bookstore Overnight, Communications and Education, Resource Centres, and Small Computers; and Production and Programming, comprising Radio Broadcasting and Interchurch Television. The position of Communication Officer was discontinued in 2005.