Bridgeport School (Richmond, B.C.)

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

Bridgeport School (Richmond, B.C.)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

Bridgeport School was constructed in 1908 although only the first floor was occupied for the first few years. In 1911, the upper floor opened as the first high school in Richmond. Two annex buildings were added in 1918, an addition to the main building having been made in 1914. In 1918, the high school moved into the annexes, leaving the main building for the elementary level expansion. In 1928, the high school was moved from Bridgeport when the new Richmond High School was built. The school was closed in the early 1980s and demolished in 1984.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC