The history of the Boat Owners Association is sketchy. The club was formed to promote access to Shuswap Lake and used the wharf at Salmon Arm to moor its members' recreational boats. The lake provided access to isolated parts of the region, where roadways remained undeveloped.
The members built a shed that existed until 1921 and created walkways at two levels, allowing for dry routes regardless of water levels.
The club became inactive for fifteen years until 1939 when a group reactivated the club under its original charter. Cyril Thomson was elected chairman and Rex Lingford as secretary. Other members included S.A. Miller, A.D. Meek, P.A. Gorse, C.R. Barlow, R. Buckle, F.H. Burne, Mark Bellamy, Vern Green, C.M. Kennedy, R. Jaimeson, H. Jacobi, C.J. Miller, A.D. Meek, P. McGregor, G. S. Robertson, Wm. McDiarmid, R.J. McGregor, P.A. Ruth, G.S. Robertson, E.C. Turner, Gus Tweeddale and J.E. Wood.