Black Sage Irrigation District

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

Black Sage Irrigation District

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

Located southeast of Oliver, the Black Sage Irrigation District was established in October 1947 by landowners who took over a private irrigation system owned by Alex MacDonald. Comprising 177 acres, the District provided irrigation water to approximately 12 landowners in the Black Sage road area. Much of the irrigation system was upgraded though grants under the Agricultural and Rural Development Agreement (ARDA) between 1965 and 1980. The District was absorbed by the Southern Okanagan Lands Irrigation District (SOLID) in late 1987.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places