Fonds - Anglican Theological College of British Columbia fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Anglican Theological College of British Columbia fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1906-1981 (Creation)
    Creator
    Anglican Theological College of British Columbia

Physical description area

Physical description

333 cm of textual records and other material

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

The Anglican Theological College (A.T.C.) of British Columbia, located in Vancouver, was registered with the Provincial Department of Education and the Board of Governors met for the first time in 1912. Its main function was the administration of provincial Anglican theological education until 1920 when the separate teaching colleges, Latimer Hall and St. Mark's Hall, became a unified body of faculty and students in "The Anglican Theological College of British Columbia". The College erected a building and moved into its final location on the University of British Columbia campus in 1927. It continued to operate until 1971 when it merged with Union College to become the Vancouver School of Theology.

Custodial history

CustodialHistory uncertain prior to 1980. Records of Ralph Stanley Dean (988-67) were transferred from the Diocese of Cariboo Archives, and prior to that, probably formed part of the Bishop's records in that Diocese. Parish register and service registers partly received from custody of St. Anselm's Parish.

Scope and content

Fonds consists of minutes, correspondence, reports, legal records, constitution and by-laws, printed material, newsletters, clippings, financial records, parish register (1954-1976), service registers (1953-1981), women's organization records, photographs, architectural records, sound recordings, guest book, memorabilia. Includes records of Board of Governors, Executive Committee, Principal's Office, faculty, student society, Woman's Guild, Alumni Association and research papers about the College. Also includes records of Anglican Theological College Chapel and the later Chapel of the Epiphany.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Finding aid available.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alpha-numeric designations

BCAUL control number: ANGSYNOD-595

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area