Fonds - Anglican Church Foundation of the Diocese of New Westminster fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Anglican Church Foundation of the Diocese of New Westminster fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1956-1962 (Creation)
    Creator
    Anglican Church Foundation of the Diocese of New Westminster

Physical description area

Physical description

.01 m of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1956-1972)

Administrative history

The Anglican Church Foundation of the Diocese of New Westminster was incorporated as a Society in 1956 under the Societies Act of the province of B.C. The objects of this Society were: "To receive bequests, devises and donations of every kind and description...; to promote objects of a religious, charitable and educational character, and in particular but without limiting the generality of the foregoing, to aid in establishing Parishes and Missions, in erecting, maintaining and operating Churches, Church Schools, Parish halls and Parsonages...; to use, devote and apply its assets and income [...] for the promotion and attainment of the aforesaid purposes..." The foundation was administered by a Board of Directors and trustees with Bishop Gower as chair ex-officio. The members, not more than 12 laymen, were elected by the Executive Committee of the Synod of the Diocese. The positions of secretary and treasurer could be held by one and the same person. The principal and registered office was located in Vancouver, B.C. The society was dissolved in 1972.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists of constitution and by-laws; minutes of meetings; correspondence; financial records; printed material.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alpha-numeric designations

BCAUL control number: ANGNW-357

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area