All Saints Parish (Westholme/Crofton, B.C.)

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

All Saints Parish (Westholme/Crofton, B.C.)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence



The Church of All Saints, Westholme, was completed by 1891 and consecrated in 1892. Prior to that, the Chemainus area was served by the Missionary at Cowichan during the early 1860s and services were held in private homes. By 1866 a priest was assigned to the Chemainus, Chemainus Mill, and Salt Spring Island District. Services ceased in 1887. In 1890 a missionary was appointed to Chemainus and the church was built in 1891. Chemainus and Westholme were affiliated with Cedar District from 1895 to 1897. Cedar was separated and Chemainus was served by the Archdeacon for Victoria in 1899 and by the Assistant Curate of Christ Church Cathedral in 1901, followed by the Archdeacon once again. Chemainus, Crofton and Westholme were formed into a parish in 1907. In 1928, the parish was known as "St. Michael's, Chemainus and All Saints', Westholme with Crofton." The Church of All Saints was destroyed by fire in the late 1970s. As of 1986, the congregation was served by St. Michael and all Angels, Chemainus. From 1995 onwards it was part of St. Michael and All Angels, Chemainus with All Saints, Westholme / Crofton. Services were held in the Crofton Hall in 1995. In 2005 All Saints resumed as a separate parish. The Parish of All Saints. Westholme, Crofton closed and was disestablished effective December 31, 2009.


Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used


Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion




Maintenance notes