Albion United Church (Maple Ridge, B.C.)

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Albion United Church (Maple Ridge, B.C.)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

Albion United Church, located in Maple Ridge District Municipality, began as an interdenominational effort under Presbyterian auspices in 1909 when a Board of Trustees was formed to build a church at Albion. The congregation became part of the United Church in 1925. Services ceased between ca. 1936 and 1948, when a board was reestablished and the church was reopened in 1950. By ca. 1960 church activity ceased and Fraser Presbytery sold the building in 1965. From 1912 to 1927, the congregation was part of the Whonnock field; then, part of the Haney charge; and from 1953 till the congregation closed it was again part of Whonnock charge.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places