Albeta Mines

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Albeta Mines

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1961-1978

History

Albeta Mines Ltd. was established in 1961 at Lake Cowichan. The mine claim was on the Robertson River, south of Mesachie Lake. Allan H. Harder was the president. On March 24, 1962 it converted from a private to a public company. The other directors were George Apps, Gordon Loutet and Harry Gilleland. Crown Granted Mineral Claims - Gold and Silver, Alpha, Beta and Taboga. Albeta Mines are the recorded owners of the mineral claims, all in the same area. The Alpha, Beta and Taboga claims were staked in 1904 - prospecting and trenching by hand. In 1928 & 29 tunneling and stripping was done. In 1961 the principals of Albeta acquired Alpha and Beta from the descendants of the original locator and purchased and staked additional claims on the structure. Taboga claim staked by Henry March originally. Minerals - magnetic iron ore and copper ore. Placed in voluntary liquidation in March 1978.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places