Collingwood United Church is rooted in St. Andrew’s Presbyterian and Wesley Methodist congregations (now St. Andrew’s-Wesley United Church).
St. Andrew’s church first established a Sunday school at Central Park, which eventually grew into a large congregation. In 1895, the congregation was divided into east and west of Central Park; the west of Central Park organized Collingwood East, St. Andrew’s, whereas those in the east organized Henderson Presbyterian (Burnaby) and Knox Presbyterian (Collingwood District). In 1913, a new building was built at the corner of Joyce and School Streets.
About 1898, Wesley Methodist Church established a mission in Collingwood. Services were conducted in homes, then in Carleton Hall. In 1903, the Methodist church building on Kingsway was completed a short distance east of Joyce Road.
In 1926, Collingwood Methodist and Knox Presbyterian amalgamated to form Collingwood United Church. A year later, the church hall (gymnasium) was constructed. In 1931, the church proper was enlarged and renovated. A new church was built and dedicated in 1957 at the former location of Knox Presbyterian church, Joyce and School Streets. Collingwood joined Fraserview and Wilson Heights in 1995 to form a three point charge. The pastoral charge name was changed to Wilson Heights United Church in 1998, and was recognized as a single point charge.