- Corporate body
Cumberland United Church, established in 1926, had its origins in two earlier congregations, both founded in 1888, at the Union Mines coal mining operation, which later grew into the village of Cumberland. Union Presbyterian Church, which was later renamed St. George's, became St. George's United Church in 1925. Grace Methodist Church, which was part of the larger Cumberland Circuit which included points at Denman Island, Union Bay and Grantham, became Grace United. A Japanese Mission church also existed in Cumberland, although the only record of activities in this fonds are baptismal records of Cumberland Circuit. St. George's and Grace merged in 1926 to form Cumberland United Church and one pastoral charge. From 1950 until 1980, Union Bay and Denman Island congregations were again part of the Cumberland Pastoral Charge. Cumberland United Church disbanded on December 31, 2017.