The Pitt Meadows Museum and Archives acquires material relevant to the development of Pitt Meadows and area. William Struthers came to Pitt Meadows in 1921 to operate the General Store with his parents. In 1930 he married Maggie Cutler and they built and moved to a home on the west side of Harris Road. The Struthers had four children: William, John, Roberts and Jean.
Records management and collecting policies
The holdings consist of documents created by the municipal government from the 1930s to the 1970s (primarily records created by the finance department and are not a complete collection). Documents created by the Pitt Meadows School District from 1912 to 1945, and containing correspondence, minutes and financial records (not a complete collection). Records of various community groups, businesses and families that reflect the social, cultural and economic life of the community from the 1880s. Other documents include 52 maps, over 900 photographic images, and an oral history collection. The archives also maintains a small collection of research files with clippings, stories, and other copied material relating to the history of Pitt Meadows and area.
Total Volume: 3 meters of records, 944 photographs, 52 maps
Inclusive Dates: 1880-present
Predominant Dates: 1920-1970